3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Possible lift pump going out and rpm gauge not working on the cluster nor on tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 12:26 PM
Nick Spanides
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible lift pump going out and rpm gauge not working on the cluster nor on tuner

Okay so I’m gonna try to explain this the best way possible.. I have a 04 2500 and about a month ago it started acting like it wasn’t getting enough fuel. Like spuddering and crap. So I ran some arcoil fuel treatment threw it and it cleared it up. Up until about a few days ago it started doing it again. So I put the other half of the bottle in (as it recommends) so the next morning I was heading to work and I was running about about 60 mph and it just stalls out. Pull off and tried to get back going down the road and i went probably about 50 feet and it did it again. After those two times it quit until I left work the next day and it done it two more times. But the past two days it hasn’t done it at all. I have a Edge evolution CTS 2 tuner and every since I left work that day my rpms haven’t been working where it’s displayed on my tuner.. Any suggestions on what’s making my tuner do that? And is it a lift pump? Injectors?? Need help!

Quick Reply: Possible lift pump going out and rpm gauge not working on the cluster nor on tuner