3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2002 Ram 1500 warm air from passengers vents -drivers side ice cold

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 11:58 AM
axelrodmotorhead@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Ram 1500 warm air from passengers vents -drivers side ice cold

I finally got tired of hearing her complain so I fixed it. All actuators working/system charged/everything operates normal. I was expecting a broken blend door at center shaft where two separate doors connect on one shaft. Not the case. I was amazed after pulling entire dash and air box out, I split open the air box and my problem. Truck was originally a farm hay hauler- fresh air door broken and always open, pieces of hay ( no rat poop) had made grapefruit sized blockage up against one side of the evaporator ultimately stopping cold air flow to half the system. Her half. Now she is cold and shuts vents off. Can’t make them happy !!!

Old 08-04-2020, 09:35 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so....are you asking for help? or did you fix it?

because when it's low on refrigerant the drivers side will blow cold but the passenger side will be luke warm. Its the way the air is routed through the box, it goes to the drivers side first then to the passenger side so by the time it reaches the passenger side all the cold is gone from the air.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:55 AM
axelrodmotorhead@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did fix it.

It wasn’t a charge problem. It wasn’t broken doors or actuators. It was blowing ice cold out drivers vents and warm out the passenger vents. When I finally pulled whole heater box out and split it open I found an air flow blockage of hay scraps on half of the the evaporator. Once cleaned and reassembled passengers side was fine.

Quick Reply: 2002 Ram 1500 warm air from passengers vents -drivers side ice cold