3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2002 Ram 1500 4x4 LCA Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 10:49 AM
audiowize
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2002 Ram 1500 4x4 LCA Questions

So far every snag I have run into on my truck has already been answered elsewhere, but I'm needing some clarification on this one.

I am chasing a front end rattle over bumps, and about the only factory rubber in the front end that's left is the lower control arm bushings. I am crystal clear on replacing the bushings on the arm itself, and I have a pair sitting here. What's not clear is the cross-member bushings that sit in the frame. Those appear to be NLA from Chrysler, but I can't seem to determine what aftermarket parts I might use. To add to the confusion, Moog says 4x of their LCA bushings are used on the 4WD model, but the Chrysler part numbers are not the same so that doesn't seem right.

Surely someone has run into this before! It would be lovely to have the correct parts here before I pull the LCAs.

Quick Reply: 2002 Ram 1500 4x4 LCA Questions