3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need to replace clutch and bearings in nv3500 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7 what size clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Stone Norton
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to replace clutch and bearings in nv3500 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7 what size clutch

I’ve never worked on a manual before, so I’m slightly intimidated, but I’ll figure it out once I get the parts I always do. But I’m not sure if I should order a clutch with a 11 or 12 inch clutch. I don’t want to get the wrong size and have to reorder, I’m trying to order a clutch kit from rock auto if anybody has any opinions about their options, I was going to order the M pact 11 inch kit but then I read some bad reviews and decided on the LUK kit. But the clutch diameter for the LUK is showing like 11-7/8” I’m guessing if I need an 11 the 11-7/8 won’t work. But I’m not really sure.

also it’s not possible to get a kit with the input shaft bearing included is it? It also needs to be replaced. And a normal kit would include the throwout bearing correct? Is their anything else I would need to order to do the job.gaskets special tools ect. Input shaft bearing is definitely bad.

if anyone has any recommendations for clutch kit brands that would also be appreciated. Thank you and if it matters at all the truck is 2wd

Old 11-14-2020, 06:55 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Go on any mopar parts site and search by VIN for the clutch. If it doest tell u the size there, Google the part number.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/

Quick Reply: Need to replace clutch and bearings in nv3500 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7 what size clutch