3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle body issues.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 09:04 AM
Jeff Bombyk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body issues.

I don't know if the speedometer can affect the throttle body but it still isn't working. That being said about every 100 miles the throttle body light will come on. The engine will stutter and then stall. It also has the hemi tick.
I was told it has a new throttle body and it looks like a new one. I'm looking for a starting point. I replace the fuse block already due to other issues.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:36 AM
Duke Reaper22

Originally Posted by Jeff Bombyk
I don't know if the speedometer can affect the throttle body but it still isn't working. That being said about every 100 miles the throttle body light will come on. The engine will stutter and then stall. It also has the hemi tick.
I was told it has a new throttle body and it looks like a new one. I'm looking for a starting point. I replace the fuse block already due to other issues.

Pull the throttle body out, check the orange gasket and make sure its not damaged and seated properly, clean the inside of throttle body with brake cleaner, dont spray the electricals! Let it dry and assemble again, then pull maf sensor and clean that too. Air in a can works great, just dont pry the sensor, that worked on my 03

Old 11-19-2020, 03:54 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

I'd use throttle body spray vs brake cleaner, especially on the areas where the butterfly seals. There are sensitive seals and coatings that brake spray can damage.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:25 PM
Bonnitae10
Default I also have throttle body issues

Originally Posted by Duke Reaper22
Pull the throttle body out, check the orange gasket and make sure its not damaged and seated properly, clean the inside of throttle body with brake cleaner, dont spray the electricals! Let it dry and assemble again, then pull maf sensor and clean that too. Air in a can works great, just dont pry the sensor, that worked on my 03
I had my check engine light come on and upon reading error said throttle body and TBI gaske . I replaced both and it seemed to work but the check engine light keeps coming back on and the error is still reading TBI gasket. I have tried the tips to reset the sensor to no avail. Can a bad positive battery cable cause this? Any other ideas?

Quick Reply: Throttle body issues.