3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Theoretically what would the computer do if I unplugged the Evap canister?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Stone Norton
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Theoretically what would the computer do if I unplugged the Evap canister?

Just curious the small nipple on the top where the hose that runs to the front of the truck connects is broken off, so that hose is just sucking in unfiltered air, I know I should buy a new vaccum pump, but I’ve spent quite a bit of money on the truck lately and have quite a bit more to spend on more important things at the moment, and the pump is $160, it runs fine but throws a CEL but my biggest concern is that I’m sucking dirty air into the motor. It’s a 2002 ram

Old 12-10-2020, 09:34 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Stone Norton
Just curious the small nipple on the top where the hose that runs to the front of the truck connects is broken off, so that hose is just sucking in unfiltered air, I know I should buy a new vaccum pump, but I’ve spent quite a bit of money on the truck lately and have quite a bit more to spend on more important things at the moment, and the pump is $160, it runs fine but throws a CEL but my biggest concern is that I’m sucking dirty air into the motor. It’s a 2002 ram
Is the broken part still connected to the hose? If so, JB Weld it back into place.

Old 12-11-2020, 06:13 AM
Stone Norton
Amateur

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
Is the broken part still connected to the hose? If so, JB Weld it back into place.
no, the nipple is long gone, but even if I had it it’s so small I don’t think I could without blocking the airflow, I was thinking about trying to tap the hole and run a threaded nipple in and just use that but I was in Lowe’s the other day and I couldn’t find a threaded nipple with a near small enough thread diameter, I wonder if oriellys would carry them

Old 12-11-2020, 10:13 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Stone Norton
no, the nipple is long gone, but even if I had it it’s so small I don’t think I could without blocking the airflow, I was thinking about trying to tap the hole and run a threaded nipple in and just use that but I was in Lowe’s the other day and I couldn’t find a threaded nipple with a near small enough thread diameter, I wonder if oriellys would carry them
Gotcha. Not sure what size you need but this is pretty small. https://www.alliedelec.com/product/f...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 12-11-2020, 04:27 PM
Stone Norton
Amateur

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
Gotcha. Not sure what size you need but this is pretty small. https://www.alliedelec.com/product/f...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
alright thank you

Quick Reply: Theoretically what would the computer do if I unplugged the Evap canister?