3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips communication fail

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 10:56 PM
Corey Slone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips communication fail

I recently got a superchips f5 for my 04 ram 1500 5.7 I plugged the tuner in first day and it worked fine. I returned it back to stock the next day because I had a wire harness I wanted to put in to replace the old one. I replaced it because I ended up cutting out the factory amp in which later i read that the amp is tied into the protocol somehow so I came across one for cheap so i ended up changing that out and when i went road the tuner back on it gives me a communication error. Says something like failed to download from ecu. During the wire harness change I did accidentally break the data link connector but even called the dealer to verify the correct pinout locations so I am lost on what I should do. I really dont want to return the tuner and superchips gave me a reset update which doesnt work either. I've tried to put a battery charger on while doing the tune, nothing. Unplugged my radio, nothing. What am I missing? I can plug a obd2 scanner in and it reads just fine which superchips says its not the tuner that it's my truck. Also in the info settings for the device the DB Ver says "????" They told me that it means the tuner cant communicate to the ecu

I forgot to add that i somehow missed the connector on left side pillar for the overhead console so I dont know if that ties into my problem but i am going to go work on that now but not expecting it to make much of a difference tbh

Last edited by Corey Slone; 06-12-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Superchips communication fail