3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 07:03 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Yep, short in system, to include possible bad sensor.
What brand sensors did you use to replace your cam and crank sensors? Keep open to possibility that one of your new parts is bad or poorly compatible. This happens frequently.
Take a look at videos for testing 5 volt reference. Your choice now is to throw parts at the problem, or isolate to the source.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:37 PM
Cathy Potter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tested the fuses and there was three that wasn't showing voltage could that be causing it? I'm going to watch the video on testing

Old 07-30-2021, 07:33 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

What 3 fuses weren't showing voltage?
Did you check them for continuity?

Old 07-30-2021, 02:25 PM
Cathy Potter

Yes and they are showing voltage and those codes are gone not now it's throwing codes P0340 and ice already changed the can and crankshaft sensors

Old 07-30-2021, 02:29 PM
Cathy Potter

I thought possibly that the camshaft sensor was bad that I got at O'Reilly's since it wasn't factory

Old 07-30-2021, 10:18 PM
PatMax
Default Same here.

Gonna try Cam and crank position sensors then try gas and a match ! TIPM, Front Control module, new battery and terminals. Jumped ASD. I don’t give up easy but dang ! My Autel Maxicom 808 scanner shows no codes. Good strong crank and no cough or run. Gotta be something electric and simple. I will report back if I figure it out.

Old 03-16-2023, 07:40 PM
lisasdad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face other issues

So my Daughters 2003 durango 4.7l was throwing codes for cam sensor and evap leaks. I replaced the evap solenoid and checked all engine compartment hoses that I could see for cracking etc. While running the engine I noticed a clanking kind of noise near the front cam shaft area minor clatter but wasn't there until the engine warmed up or at least wasn't as clear. I shut it down to get my code reader connected and when I went to start it again it would not start. It showed the cam sensor still and I believe crank sensor code so I replaced both and she still wont start up. I tried an either start with no luck but did find it has spark at least at #1 cylinder. Any thoughts? PS I tried going through all the videos I could find on engine issues with the 4.7 people have found wrong just not that sound mentioned I heard.

Quick Reply: Truck won't start