3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory remote start not working. Hazards flash twice

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 12:57 PM
Erich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Factory remote start not working. Hazards flash twice

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi with factory remote start.

With doors locked, hood closed, no open doors and no CEL when remote start button on key fob is pressed twice hazard lights just flash twice and no start.

Had two sets of keys stolen and purchased three replacement fobs also changed the cylinders then had the dealer delete all keys and program the new fobs.

Key fobs work for lock unlock and panic just have the issue with remote start when pressed twice only the hazards flash twice and no start.

Should of tested remote start before leaving dealer.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:35 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's receiving the signal to remote start but then the module is not telling the truck to start is what it sounds like to me. Verify the module which to my knowledge is under the dash is plugged in just look for loose connectors. Re-contacting the dealer as awful as it sounds is a good place to start tho they might ask for money and not accept fault.

Old 04-20-2023, 12:07 AM
ram2551

Originally Posted by Erich
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi with factory remote start.

With doors locked, hood closed, no open doors and no CEL when remote start button on key fob is pressed twice hazard lights just flash twice and no start.

Had two sets of keys stolen and purchased three replacement fobs also changed the cylinders then had the dealer delete all keys and program the new fobs.

Key fobs work for lock unlock and panic just have the issue with remote start when pressed twice only the hazards flash twice and no start.

Should of tested remote start before leaving dealer.
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I got replacement remotes for my Dodge and programmed them myself. I have the same issue that everything but the remote start works. The hazard lights just flash twice.

Old 04-20-2023, 09:22 AM
Erich

I bought a new shell for the OEM key I still had and ace hardware cut it for free. Then I programmed it myself with the two aftermarket keys (had to because the dealer deleted all keys prior to programming the aftermarket). Now the remote start works with the OEM key, the aftermarket keys still do not work.

Old 04-20-2023, 01:03 PM
ram2551

Originally Posted by Erich
I bought a new shell for the OEM key I still had and ace hardware cut it for free. Then I programmed it myself with the two aftermarket keys (had to because the dealer deleted all keys prior to programming the aftermarket). Now the remote start works with the OEM key, the aftermarket keys still do not work.
I was hoping it worked out better for you (and then me). But my two original keys work, it's just that the shells are in bad shape. I may just swap the original innards to the new shell like you did.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:14 AM
Erich

Bought one from this seller on eBay and it is a true oem key that will work with remote start. They have one more left for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115614607119
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115614607119

Quick Reply: Factory remote start not working. Hazards flash twice