3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger window switch not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 07:52 AM
tdcrabtree
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Passenger window switch not working

Hello All,
I am new to the Dodge Forum but came upon site while looking for some answers for my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L Auto Trans Quad cab. SLT with about 132,000 miles on it..
I am hoping to find some suggestions to help with problem I am having with the front passenger power window because I can raise and lower from drivers switch but switch on passenger door won't raise or lower window.
I have double check lock out switch on drivers door and has no effect and have even replaced actual power window switch on passenger door and still won't raise or lower from passenger switch.
It used to work intermittent from passenger switch and always from drivers main window control switch but now only from drivers window control switch.
Also all other windows switches work fine only front passenger window switch is the problem..
I have also tried moving around wires going into switch plugs inside passenger door but has not effect. However last observation was when I removed passenger window switch and tried to raise and lower window from drivers window control
switch and found it would not raise or lower passenger window until i plugged passenger window switch back into wiring plug; but passenger switch still will not raise or lower window.
If anyone might have suggestion as to what to try next to get this problem fixed I would appreciate it.. Thanks.. TC

Old 10-29-2021, 12:17 PM
nyrainman
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a similar problem with windows not working, then door locks and speakers malfunctioning. It ended up being the wiring, whereas I had to remove the wrap from around the wiring and noticed that some of the wires were split or cracked. Moving the wires around as you mentioned didn't do much. Eventually, I had to cut and reattached all the wires coming out of the door going into the frame and now everything works. Sometimes you can't tell if there is wire damage just by looking at it, but by carefully feeling and bending each wire, you can come across a soft spot where the interior of the wire is broken. Not sure if this will apply to your situation, but hopefully it will give you more information to go by.

Quick Reply: Passenger window switch not working