3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck stalls when put in drive!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 11:42 PM
phillykev
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck stalls when put in drive!

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 4x4. Currently had a downshift solenoid and transmission line installed at amcoo. One day after getting my truck back it was acting up so checked fluid levels and Trans fluid was low. Looked yder truck and trans line was completely disconnected from trans. So have it towed to amcoo and picked it up yesterday. Drove for about 30 mins before it acted up by studdering coming to a stop and then stalled. Went to put it in drive and stalled again over and over. Starts fine and sounds fine in park and neutral. It even works in reverse . Just stalls in drive.. I also believe the trans fluid is over filled cause when checked when warm it was wet way above all four dots on dipstick. Going to see if it’s high when cold tmrw morning to see for sure. Anyone got any ideas? Was thinking maybe the power torque control solenoid? Or is that part of the downshift solenoid pack I had installed? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-13-2021, 01:36 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Call Amcoo and tell them to give you a new transmission. No doubt you cooked the clutches and they're fused together or sticking.

Old 12-13-2021, 08:19 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 379 Likes on 340 Posts

Transmissions die fast when run dry. Looks like they forgot to connect the line or left it loose. They owe you a transmission.

Quick Reply: Truck stalls when put in drive!