3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RR Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 04:11 PM
Cale Turner 66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RR Turn Signal

So I have had to replace the bulb for my RR turn signal for the past two years. About three months ago, replacing the bulb quit working. I had to park the truck for other issues for a few months. I just replaced the socket and put in a new bulb and having the same issue of it not working on turn signal only. The tail lights work but turn signal in rear will still not work. Yes it works fine on the left side and works in right front but the right rear turn signal will not work. I am at a loss of what to do and tired of just replacing parts. Anybody had this issue. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi...if that makes a difference. Thanks

Old 12-16-2021, 04:17 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Have you tried swapping the circuit boards in the tail lights where the bulbs plug into? They should look similiar to the picture I attached below.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:25 PM
Cale Turner 66

Mine doesn't have a circuit board like that. It has a socket for each bulb that plugs in. I have replaced the socket and the bulb but turn signals do not work.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:40 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 231 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Medeiros
Have you tried swapping the circuit boards in the tail lights where the bulbs plug into? They should look similiar to the picture I attached below.

Those are for the 02-06 taillights only. Only took them 5 model years to figure out those circuit boards SUCKED.

Originally Posted by Cale Turner 66
Mine doesn't have a circuit board like that. It has a socket for each bulb that plugs in. I have replaced the socket and the bulb but turn signals do not work.
Stupid question, but is the correct bulb going in and the contacts are clean and not smushed?

Old 12-16-2021, 04:42 PM
Cale Turner 66

Yep it is the correct bulb and yep brand new bulb with new socket so all is in new condition (not smashed).

Quick Reply: RR Turn Signal