3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How do I read OBD11 error codes...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 08:34 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I read OBD11 error codes...?

Can anyone tell me how to get to read the error codes on my 2003 5.7ltr Ram 1500 Hemi please.

I'm not lazy.....I did a search on the board and it only explains how to use the ignition key sequence to read OBD1 codes.
This "key sequence" didn't seem to work for my 03 QC.........[sm=confused06.gif]

HELPPPPP.............[sm=feedback.gif]

Al.

Old 12-31-2005, 08:58 AM
southernspeed
Default RE: How do I read OBD11 error codes...?

Try holding the trip **** in while turning the key to ON, not start though. I think the code should read in the odo digits. Did you try on, off 3 times ending up in the ON position?

Old 12-31-2005, 10:12 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

On my '03, I just turn the key on and off 3 times.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:08 PM
abarmby
Champion

Finally got my OBD11 diagnostics sorted.

You must have the oddometer mileage diplayed and not the trip millage, and turn the ignition on/off 3 times ending in the on position.

The displayed message was "DONE", then all dashes, which I presume means there's no error at present as my MIL light isn't on showing an error and no numbers were displayed.

YAAAAHOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

I've been cleaning out any and all electrical connectors I could find today and only got several done. I sprayed them with a good cleaner and moisteure repellant then resealed them and sprayed the whole outside with silicone grease.

I must say, some of the protection these plugs have in the way of covers/plastic wrap etc leaves a lot to be desired.
A potential problem just waiting to happen if you ask me......?

I want to say a BIG thank you to all who has helped me on this forum with this post, and my MIL light post, and wish you all a very happy healthy and prosperous New Year.
God bless.

Al.

Quick Reply: How do I read OBD11 error codes...?