3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 1500 stalls at stops/ low idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 08:10 PM
Noriscke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 1500 stalls at stops/ low idle

I have an 03 1500 w/ 4.7L and a manual trans. and 324.000 miles. It randomly stalls at idle and stops. I have replaced the IAC,TPS,CKP,CPS. Checked the fuel pressure, cleaned the throttle body and had the PCM replaced. I've been dealing with this for almost 1.5yrs. I recently had the font end redone (ball joints, tie rods) and i replaced the shocks all around about 2mos. before all this happened. I even had to buy a car for commuting to work. Id like to get back to driving my truck Has anyone any ideas?
Thanks,
John

Old 03-07-2022, 07:13 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Have you checked the basics: you've got spark, fuel, and compression?
If so, most likely causes are either vacuum leak, or, worn timing chain.
You can find videos on checking for vacuum leak at intake manifold. Some use water to check for a leak, others use brake cleaner. Check all vacuum lines though, manifold leaks seems to be most common.
Worn timing chain is checked by measuring extension of timing chain tensioner. Videos on that also.

Quick Reply: 03 1500 stalls at stops/ low idle