3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is needed for canbus to sleep?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 09:09 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What is needed for canbus to sleep?

I FINALLY got time to look at the truck again and I'm gonna work on my battery issue again. What are the conditions that need to be met for canbus to go to sleep because mine tries to sleep then flares back up.

Current codes remote radio switch input high (Might be related to the fact I forgot to deprogram the steering wheel controls after my failed project) and cargo lamp circuit open. B1427 and B1629. The cargo lamp one is likely due to the LED i have in there but the remote radio one is curious. I have alfaobd so i can do advanced diagnostics I just cant figure out where to go. All I know is connector C3 on the dashboard causes the drain, drain is due to dashboard waking up for a split second/twitching every 40 seconds and canbus + and canbus - pulse every 40 seconds tested via illuminating an LED. Any way i can verify maybe something isnt falling within parameters?

Not the dashboard problem persisted swapping it out. Money is getting tighter and so is time so I cant fall back on sending it out anymore for the time being so here i am asking for help. I've looked at the service manual and loosing direction.

Edit: radio switch was me forgetting to deprogram radio switches after failed project requiring steering column replacement after. Ignore that code.

Last edited by SnowBeast428; 03-22-2022 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: What is needed for canbus to sleep?