3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 12:10 AM
Seth9794
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram 1500

My truck runs but non of the dash lights work doors don’t unlock but windows rolls down the red light is on and I’ve tried everything to reset it but it won’t go off I replaced my starter switch and everything worked again but the next day I went to start it and the same thing happened so I replaced it again and it wouldn’t work no lights no gauges lights outside stay on doors won’t unlock windo wipers don’t work yet I can run and drive the truck

Old 06-15-2022, 05:20 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth9794
My truck runs but non of the dash lights work doors don’t unlock but windows rolls down the red light is on and I’ve tried everything to reset it but it won’t go off I replaced my starter switch and everything worked again but the next day I went to start it and the same thing happened so I replaced it again and it wouldn’t work no lights no gauges lights outside stay on doors won’t unlock windo wipers don’t work yet I can run and drive the truck

What do you have? Year, options and such. Did you replace the switch or the lock cylinder?

Old 06-16-2022, 06:27 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

I rec starting with the basics for electrical problems.
Do you have a multimeter/DVOM/probe tester? You will need a good tester and some awareness on how to use it.
I'd first check battery voltage at the battery terminals, then check for that same voltage at the grounding points.
Battery voltage should be at least 12.5v, with 12.7 even better.
Check battery cables are flexible. I would check the cables for resistance, or replace them if they looked bad. Point is to know that your basic power supply is good before troubleshooting systems.
Any mods to the truck like external lighting, winch, stereo, tow connectors/brakes?

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 1500