3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Ram heater fan issues, even more confused after reading on the subject.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 02:41 PM
The Rusty Ram
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FabricGATOR, nothing was melted but the old ceramic resistor I replaced was disintegrating. I did replace it earlier in the thread.
I've seen little information on this issue other than replacing parts. That's why I want to follow it through to the end.
I won't be that guy,

Checked all of the wires and connectors I could find/trace. I even pulled the center dash cover out and looked at the heater controls and wiring. Every thing looks good, no bad connections or bulging/burnt wires. I'll look for a replacement fan and google up a way to test the resistor tomorrow.

In the meantime everyone enjoy Independence Day.

Last edited by The Rusty Ram; 07-04-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:41 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Rusty, If you can get to the fan motor connector and test for voltage and then try the various speed settings. That is how I would test the resistor (or speed controller) I am only a 1500SLT for all of about 53 hours now but a lot of this stuff is common across Mopar products and even various manufacturer brands. When unplugged, you can also check for continuity through the fan motor. If no continuity, then it may be a s simple as replacing the blower motor.
Cheers!

Old 07-06-2023, 01:08 PM
The Rusty Ram

Fixed it, it was the fan. I shot a video on diagnosing the problem and testing both the fan and resistor. I will post the video as soon as I edit it. the procedure is quick and easy.

Last edited by The Rusty Ram; 07-06-2023 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Clarity
The following users liked this post:
FabricGATOR (07-06-2023)
Old 07-06-2023, 10:18 PM
The Rusty Ram

Quick Reply: 2008 Ram heater fan issues, even more confused after reading on the subject.