3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

High idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 10:05 AM
Ghettomechanic44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High idle

I have an 03 ram 1500 4x4 with a 4.7 going on 3 years. I ha e done nothing to the engine at all except oil changes every 3 to 4000 miles. Year one the muffle broke free from the welds and had to buy a new muffler, I bought a magnaflow and all seemed fine. Fast forward a few months and my idle jumped to 1000 rpm and check engine line came on. A code for vacuum leak was detected. Took to dealer and smoke tested, very small leak at the fuel tank vapor port. There isn't a replacement tank for this year truck. I've looked across the country. Closest I came was Colorado and he wanted 800 for the tank and 200 to ship and the tank sat outside for over a year. I don't have that kind of cash. Replaced IAC, TPS, checked AGAIN for vacuum leak and topped off fuel tank. No leaks. Replace a few lines just to be sure and still have idle issues. I've replaced both front hubs, entire suspension front and rear and replaced waterpump, thermostat, and flushed system. I need this truck engine light free as I HAVE TO pass emissions by 2024. What am I missing

Quick Reply: High idle