3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leaf spring swap complete, now onto the torsion bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2023, 10:36 PM
Thatctuy
Amateur
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leaf spring swap complete, now onto the torsion bars

On my quest to get back to stock ride height I installed new leaf springs+ shackles (p/o removed leafs). As expected the rear raised up. Judging by how low the front is I'm assuming p/o dropped it by turning the torsion bars. I am going to crank them up tomm but was wondering approximately what is the stock height in the front (from top of tire to bottom of fender)? Idk about using the rear as a reference b/c it hasn't settled yet (although I'm sure it will probably only settle 1/2"?).

Old 04-15-2023, 06:49 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Yeah, get a load of dirt in the back and drive that around for a day or two to break in those new springs... then level out your yard with it :-)

The service manual should give you specs and measure points on the front end height as part of alignment. I you go to a good alignment person, they will set the height properly for you.

The following users liked this post:
Thatctuy (04-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Leaf spring swap complete, now onto the torsion bars