3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Longhorn 3rd gen 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 01:58 AM
Motomadness
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longhorn 3rd gen 6.7

So im looking to swap the longhorn interior 2010-2012 or newer but i think the 10 to 12 might be a little easier for the instrument cluster sense it share similar features to what the truck has. I have Overhead information display. Im needing help with wiring for the instrument cluster for 10 to 12 longhorn cluster my truck is a 2009 3500 mega with the 6.7 im looking for s very unique build I get that this swap is not easy and it’s a pain, but I’d like some help along the way

Old 05-01-2023, 08:23 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

I have not read a single dash swap article that used the 10-12 cluster. Everyone says they used the factory 3rd gen cluster and hvac controls. I believe this has alot to do with the new level of multiplexing used in the 4th gen, everything talks to everything it seem like. It should in theory be possible to make a separate computer to talk to the computers and integrate the information but the extent of what you would need I imagine makes it cost and idea prohibit. I believe they 10+ uses a different computer language in short.

There would be the possibility of swapping an entire ECM/Engine/Chassis harness into the truck which should provide everything you need, however Im not sure the 3rd gen HVAC box would work correctly, figuring out light controls and everything else, may turn into more then you bargained for

Quick Reply: Longhorn 3rd gen 6.7