3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

passenger airbag recall work

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 04:48 PM
IamZardoz
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default passenger airbag recall work

As we all know there was a big recall and I had the drivers side airbag replaced years ago. I really didnt want to have my dash torn apart on my 05 because of all the time that has passed. Last week somebody even came to my front door to remind me of the recall. I was wondering if anyone here had the dealer do the passenger side airbag and were they able to get it all back together without breaking plastic tabs or causing rattles?

Old 09-27-2023, 07:45 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

If they break anything then they should be liable to fix it. If you end up getting the recall done (I would for safety reasons), make sure to take pictures of everything prior.

Old 09-29-2023, 06:49 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by IamZardoz
As we all know there was a big recall and I had the drivers side airbag replaced years ago. I really didnt want to have my dash torn apart on my 05 because of all the time that has passed. Last week somebody even came to my front door to remind me of the recall. I was wondering if anyone here had the dealer do the passenger side airbag and were they able to get it all back together without breaking plastic tabs or causing rattles?
I made a video of my vehicle before the recent recall work. including the check engine light and the temperature of the air conditioning and vent operation.

As far as I can tell, it was all put back together, everything works, looks good, and no rattles that I am aware of.

Now, that being said.... supposedly this passenger side recall was done two times prior AND after each trip to the Tallahassee Dealership, it still showed as outstanding.... when I acquired the truck from my BIL, I had to go get it done a third time because it was still showing as not completed.... IF, that thing went off and killed my passenger, I would be liable for the injury and couldn't get reparations...

NOW, when I look at another website, it now shows that the recall (both driver and passenger) was completed in 2016.... so why did I have to waste a day at a dealership over a clerical error?

Additionally, when I got the truck, the air conditioning was not working reliably. I fixed this but I don't know how... ! ! ! what happened was I suspected there was a fault with the evaporator temperature sensor (cold side) and while I never really did find to test it (behind the glovebox) because it is all the way up and inaccessible) BUT after I reached my hand up in there, groping and manipulating wires, it suddenly started working again? My airconditioning has been working reliable ever since, over four hot months.

My belief is that LIKELY some ham fisted dealership animal likely either didn't reinstall the wires correctly or caused a loose wire situation. That is why I documented my hvac working correctly....

All dealerships hire humans, so hopefully you get a good skilled and methodical human who is not a medical marijuana card holder..

Please let us know how it goes and remember if you don't have the work done, you are responsible for the safety of your passenger...

Old 10-04-2023, 03:52 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IamZardoz
Hello,

Please reach out to our team directly in a PM with your VIN if you have not gotten the airbag addressed, we'd be happy to assist you further. Thank you

William
Dodge Cares

Quick Reply: passenger airbag recall work