3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help, power issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 10:50 AM
donmccrady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, power issue

I have a 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins, I recently had replaced 2 injectors. The batteries were dead when i went to start it. I jumped started it with my Dakota. It fired and and ran beautifully. I left my Dakota hooked up for a few minutes. When i removed the jumpers i figured that the alternator would carry on and charge up my batteries. After running for several minutes, it started running really bad. It generated 10 codes instantly all pointing to low voltage to ECM, it acts like its only running on 3 cylinders. Also, after i shut off and restarted i no longer had power to my OBDII plug. i also noticed no radio, no dome lights, no door locks . I checked the fuses and found 2 blown. I replaced. Now the truck still running the same horrible way. The door locks and dome light do not work with ignition off, but do on ACC or running. Still no power to OBD and radio....I have checked battery connections, and body grounds. I check power to the fuses, and all are good....I have no idea where to turn next. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:53 AM
donmccrady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have 14.5 volts showing on the guage. I have power to OBD connector but doesn't appear to have ground.

Quick Reply: Help, power issue