3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 RAM 2500 5.9l - Rt Headlight and Right turn signal Out

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 11:19 PM
riderboy1961
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 RAM 2500 5.9l - Rt Headlight and Right turn signal Out

2005 RAM 2500 5.9l - Rt Headlight and Right turn signal Out

Need some suggestions if you have any..... I power washed the engine compartment today and drove home and parked the truck - Went to drive it tonight in the dark pm hours and the Right Headlight and Right Front Turn Signal/Right Front Yellow Parking Light "Do NOT Work" now but they Were Working before the power wash
All the other lights are working correctly - except the right rear tail light blinks very fast similar to when there is a bulb burned out somewhere else.

Could both of those bulbs gotten wet to where they dont work now?

The back of the headlight housing wasnt wet and when the headlight housing is installed it is well covered by the fender so I dont think water got into the bulbs???

Pulled the right headlight assembly this evening, everything looked normal but I did Not remove the bulbs to check them, I then came to the conclusion that maybe a wire got disconnected or a blown fuse

However..... I looked through the fuse box under the hood and there is nothing stating headlight assembly or headlights period!

Codes:

FMC Front Control Module

0100 - front right turn output circuit open

There is a Turn Signals dash light on as well and and Engine Light is also on - neither of these two dash lights were on right after the power wash.

But no fusses for the headlights/front turn signals?

Any ideas before I start digging are greatly appreciated

Thank You

Last edited by riderboy1961; 11-21-2023 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:09 PM
riderboy1961
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE:
I put a used FCM in and No Change - pulled the right/passenger side headlight assembly, traced the wiring, found where it's wire loom has a separate ground wire coming out of the wire loom and is bolted/grounded to the inner front fender well somewhere near that battery.
I went to loosen that ground wire and poof, the headlight and running light came back on - so in my case the problems was that ground wire connection.

Thank You

The following users liked this post:
FabricGATOR (11-27-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 06:24 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Great job finding your fault and a GREAT job of being able to return and help everyone out by telling what you found!

Keep up the good work, and , Happy Motoring!

Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
riderboy1961 (11-28-2023)

Quick Reply: 2005 RAM 2500 5.9l - Rt Headlight and Right turn signal Out