3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 01:41 PM
Bwingnutt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem

I have a 05 2500 with diesel and automatic transmission. I noticed a slippage in 1st and also had a cel . I scanned and came up with a high line pressure code. Looked at live data on fuel line pressure and at idle 4 to 6000 psi and pressure increased to 12 to 14000 psi as rpm increased. I then checked a 07 3500 with the 5.9 and his pressures stayed the same from idle to 2000+ rpm. What pressures should a normal engine show ? If the 1st owner on my truck had some pump work done would that be the reason for the high readings off idle.
Truck is at dealer service now on trans problem and they tell me the code was for low tranny line pressure. After a few days they tell me some governing solinoid was bad, then they tell me a harness needs to be replaced in the pan. He also tells me it might be a comp thing.
In live data can you see the boost pressure of the turbo? That’s another problem I have asked about, I don’t hear it and can’t feel it when I accelerate.Is their a way for service to record and show me a photo of my boost pressures? Thanks for any replies.

Old 11-27-2023, 06:17 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am lost

... is this a transmission fault and what does that have to do with fuel pressure and turbo boost level?

What transmission do the put in your machine?

There is a transmission line pressure sensor that may be an issue. Some folks get a gizmo that tricks the computer in to sensing low pressure (somehow electronically indicates less pressure than it really sensors) so it boosts the transmission control pressure. Is that something like what you might be asking about?

Old 11-30-2023, 11:33 PM
Bwingnutt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that sounds about right, got the truck back today. They replaced the governor solenoid and some transducer. They also found something that was not stock , probably that line pressure thing you told me about. Trans works better than it did, shifts nice and no slipping..Now cut and load a cord of madrone in it and hook up a trailer with 11/2 cords and give it a test.

Quick Reply: Transmission problem