3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Lock Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:04 PM
LadyRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Problem

I have an 02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab. One of the back doors does not lock or unlock in unison with the other doors. I have to push/pull the lever. Does this mean something inside the door is broken? Is it a solenoid that needs to be replaced?
Thanks for any help.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Door Lock Problem

That could very well be the problem. It could also be a simple wire corrosion problem or something like that. It will require taking the plastic panel off, removing the plastic sheet plastic off----carefully, and check out the motor that actuates the lock. I had to replace a window regulator on my wifes Intrigue last week. I figured it would run around $250----more like $414.00, just for the part, I did the work. I doubt that a replacement lock solenoid would be that much, but no matter what you would pay, if you don't need it, and can't return it because its electrical, that too much!!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 AM
SILVERHEMIGUY05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Door Lock Problem

The best thing to do is to take the panel off and check to see if there is power to the acuator.If there is,then it could be the actuator itself.I had the acuator go on the drivers side door on my 2000 Dakota.Usualy you will hear a whining noise from the actuator,at least mine did.It may be a simple loose connection.Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Door Lock Problem