3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
Dustyram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Ram 1500

Hey folks. My truck is in great shape with one hundred, eleven thousand miles. Always cared for....not abused. Light hauling.
I've never had any issue until about a week ago. In a parking lot it wouldn't go into gear....just wouldn't. Then into gear no problem. I wasn't sure if I'd done something....I drove a day or two with no issue.
Then it seemed to kind of jump......it's done that a few times. As I pulled into home, my engine lite came on.
I've had zero issue prior to this.....no warning of any kind.
Anyone have a idea that might point me in the right direction?

​​​​

Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 585 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustyram
Hey folks. My truck is in great shape with one hundred, eleven thousand miles. Always cared for....not abused. Light hauling.
I've never had any issue until about a week ago. In a parking lot it wouldn't go into gear....just wouldn't. Then into gear no problem. I wasn't sure if I'd done something....I drove a day or two with no issue.
Then it seemed to kind of jump......it's done that a few times. As I pulled into home, my engine lite came on.
I've had zero issue prior to this.....no warning of any kind.
Anyone have a idea that might point me in the right direction?

​​​​

Invest in a decent OBD II scanner. You'll find plenty os uses for it over time. You can see what code is in your computer though by doing the ley dance. (Don't bump the starter. Turn the ignition on, off, on, off nd on and leave it on the third time. Any codes should show in your odometer.)

It might be something serious or it might just be low on fluid. See what code you get when you check.

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
Dustyram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Invest in a decent OBD II scanner. You'll find plenty os uses for it over time. You can see what code is in your computer though by doing the ley dance. (Don't bump the starter. Turn the ignition on, off, on, off nd on and leave it on the third time. Any codes should show in your odometer.)

It might be something serious or it might just be low on fluid. See what code you get when you check.

Thank you very much. I will give that a try.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ram 1500