3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Catback Exaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Stillborn
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catback Exaust

Hey, I was hoping to get dual exaust for my truck, and put a flowmaster 40 on it. I talked to two different muffler/exaust shops here, and they both just said it would be cheaper to get a full catback. Can anyone recommend a good one? I really want 2 duals out the back.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
05ramlaramie
Veteran
Default RE: Catback Exaust

Nothing personal.....

but please do a search on this forum...there is PLENTY of exhaust threads.

*this forum is turning out to be nothing more but a big exhaust thread lately so there is alot of new info around for you.

There are a select few systems that will run you pretty cheap...flowmaster and gibson being the two.

Borla,magnaflow,corsa are the best...but they start at around 450 and up.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

I know there are, sorry. The point of the thread I was actually trying to make is, is the shop bull****ting me? or would a catback be a better route? I have already got a concensus that Flowmaster 40's are the best for our trucks.. unfortunately, they dont come in a catback system..

Old 01-17-2006, 10:08 PM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

Thats up to you to decide.

do you care about looks (ie: new tip styles and stainless steel) or do you just want the sound in that case a direct muffler replacement will suffice.

I wanted a WHOLE NEW system....so i ripped my stock catback out and was looking at the borla...but for 500-600 bucks....a few more bucks got me the corsa...and i have yet to see anyone else with my system on a Ram so i am very happy!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

I just want the sound, I dont care how it looks. I was kind of hoping for the dual exaust, but I guess its not a must.. How does the Corsa sound? deep? loud?

Old 01-17-2006, 10:12 PM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

the corsa has a nice burble to it at low rpms (cruising) but very loud and "raspy" when you get on it....unlike most others which just make a louder rumble.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

I just looked at them not bad price. The only thing I dont like is how the rear exits. I wanted a dual exaust coming out like | | as opposed to _| |_ I mean if I am going to be paying that much cash, I might as well get what I want, right?

Old 01-18-2006, 01:05 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

Mine exits behind the passenger tire as two tips side by side (each tip is 4" and has the CORSA logo embossed on each tip)

Im bored of the dual rear bumper exits...everyone and their mother has them.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:21 AM
DodgeMatrix

I have thought of puting 2 exhausts through a hole in each rear quarter panel inbetween the tire and bumper. I thought of crome tips with a crome ring around the hole. It may look good with my black truck. I am not sure if I want to cut a hole in the quarter panel though.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:22 AM
4xfreak
Professional

I can't imagine how putting a flowmaster on and running dual pipes from it would be more expensive than a cat back..?? The set-up I have is a flowmaster 40 series 3" inlet / dual 2.5" outlets, Custom bent dual 2.5" pipes, and 4" chrome tips exiting at a 45 degree angle behind the bumper. The whole system was only $230.00 installed. I've never seen a cat'back system cheaper than that.. I think the muffler shops are just trying to make some extra money off ya..[:@]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Catback Exaust