3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006 | 10:35 PM
kharding20
|
Professional
Default Is it worth it?

Just curious what everybody thinks about a CAI. I have been kicking around the idea of getting one (most likley the mopar one) but was just wondering if they are worth the money. My truck is all stock except for dual out rear magnaflow exhaust. Will it make any difference or is it just a waste of 340 bucks? Any thoughts or comments... thanks

Old 01-25-2006 | 10:38 PM
Daddywags
Record Breaker
Default RE: Is it worth it?

They sound cool and may get you another hp or two and may get you one more mpg.

Old 01-25-2006 | 11:28 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran

I was in the same dilemma and I decided to go with a tru flow because you get to keep your factory air box, and the system uses a foam filter not paper or gauze (should be better air flow) and it costs about $200-250.

Old 01-26-2006 | 12:16 AM
clamsjager
Rookie

Get an AEM brute force, i got one on Ebay for around $160 shipped about 6 months ago. I love it. It makes a cool whistling sound when you hit the gas. and ive also noticed a slight increase in MPG. nothing to buy a boat over or anything.... The problem with the stock airbox is that its restrictive, limits your air flow.

Old 01-26-2006 | 02:14 AM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

Let it be known that I have had the Mopar CAI and Corsa exhaust for about 6 months now....never noticed ANY increase/decrease in MPG.

the Mopar intake sounds NICE!!!! i love mine.....but its the EXACT intake of the AEM brute force...just has a different paint job and Mopar Logo for an added 80 bucks.

o yea and the mopar intake has a powdercoated heat shield whereas the AEM is painted. Powdercoated is better BTW.

same sound...just different looks.

Quick Reply: Is it worth it?