3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mega cab long bed

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:52 AM
cregnier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mega cab long bed

Was wondering if anyone has heard an update if Dodge will build the mega cab with a long bed? If so what will the overall ext. length be? I estimate based on what the specs are now it will be around 267"if you were to add an 8ft bed, FYI Ford CC LB is 262". GM is 259"

Old 02-03-2006, 03:50 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Default RE: mega cab long bed

I am sure some guys could use all that space, but imagine the turning circle on a Mega Cab long bed . . . whew. It's a scary thought thinking of ever having to parallel park it. Or even worse, it would never fit in any parking space. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be paranoid about some teenage girl at the mall, who just her license, clipping the back end of my truck because it sticks out 3 feet. Not to mention, I wouldn't buy a long bed unless I would really use the extra space. I think they look ugly.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:22 AM
GotHemi?
Professional

Amen Sandie. You said all I have to say on this topic. A mega-cab w/ a long bed would need its own zip code let alone a bigger parking space. Maybe your local Dept of Transportation needs a truck that big and long but probably not the average consumer. No market = no production IMO.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:20 AM
BigSkyDodge
Rookie

What is being said is true, but not all of us spend a lot of time in the cities. If there was a mega cab long box dually, I sure wouldn't by shy about the purchase. Can not park a pickup with a horse trailer or stock trailer or even camper in the closest spot to the doors of the store anyway. But that is what makes me keep wishing, not enough folks like me for Dodge to put something like that on the lot (no market=no production)... sad but true.

Quick Reply: mega cab long bed