3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No chirp form Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:46 PM
RedSS454
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No chirp form Alarm?

I noticed today that when I unlock the truck via the Key fob, the alarm does not chirp to recognize the unlock, although it does unlock the truck. Tried the valet thing, still the same. I sat inside the truck and locked the truck and tried to open it. No alarm sound. Seems like the alarm turned off, and for the life of my cannot find the book. It is a MoPar alarm that came on the truck. Any ideas?

Chris

Old 02-16-2006, 11:40 AM
motorhead426
All Star
Default RE: No chirp form Alarm?

I couldn't tell ya why it all of a sudden stopped chirping. But the chirp and lights flashing are all options that can be programmed from the dealer scan tool. I think they can even program whether both doors unlock with one push of the key fog, or two. Hope this helps.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:32 PM
tommiwan
Professional
Default RE: No chirp form Alarm?

I had a Viper alarm (completely different but maybe the same in principle) and it had the ability for my to turn the alarm off and on. If the alarm was off the door lock/unlock would still work, just not the alarm. I did this once by accident and had to read the owners manual to figure out how to turn it back on.

I figure out what I did... my wife and I were getting out of the car, well she was being slow and I hit the lock button, then realized she hadn't shut the door. I then hit the unlock button, then once she shut the door I hit the unlock button again. apparently I did this within the right number of seconds and it turned the alarm off.

My point is, some button combination should be able to turn it back on. I can't help you with what.

Quick Reply: No chirp form Alarm?