3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Horrible dash Rattle......

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Hemimadman06
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible dash Rattle......

I Have an 06 ram with the base radio system not the infinity. i have a horrible dash rattle on the passanger side by the a pillar on top the dash. i took it to the dealer and the idiots said that the base was too high. the highest i have the base at is the +3 which is very medium. even if i turn the base down to zero a song with base makes the dase rattle like hell, to the point where its not even worth listensing to. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM??????????????"madman"

Old 02-26-2006, 03:28 PM
AntRock
Default RE: Horrible dash Rattle......

i have the infinity system in my truck and it rattles like crazy. the rattles in mine sound like they are coming from the door panels on both sides.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:38 PM
stealth805

After I put in 2 1030 watt subs in the bench seat I located where a lot of the rattling was. It is in the door itself. In mine, it shook so much that it broke the red reflector light that sits in the door. I had to dynomat the 4 doors and now I'm picking up rattling from the overhead and now the mirror will occasionally shift around, to the point where I've had to catch it from falling off its hook on the windshield. Your best bet is to take it to a stereo shop and have them dynomat the doors for you. Or do what I do, play it loud enough so you can't even hear the rattle

Old 02-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Hemimadman06
Rookie

Haha Nice thats pretty much what i do just turn the radio up "madman"

Old 02-26-2006, 03:59 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

Not in the ram, but we have a 96 sebring with an infinity system, but I would also check for a loose srew or loose panel. Usually when somethin' rattles, it's either loose or disconnected.

-BigRig

Quick Reply: Horrible dash Rattle......