3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any Dodge techs on board?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
SeventyGTX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Dodge techs on board?

I recently purchased an 04 1500 QC 4x4 with a 4.7 and 21k miles on it. Two days after I purchased it, it died shortly after startup, but fired back up. I thought it was weird, but went about my business. The next day, it did it again, but this time threw a code. I took it into the dealer, and found out it had a throttle position sensor put in last November, and a crank position sensor put in it last December when the previous owner had it. So, they call Dodge tech, and were told to put a cam sensor it this time. I pick the truck up again, and BAM.......it dies and throws the code the next day. [:@]
I take it back again and they call Dodge one more time. This time they were told to put in an A/C transducer. I pick it up again after waiting 3 days to get the part. All is good for about 5 days, and today.......it died and threw the code AGAIN!!! Understand, I live in a small town where the local dealer sells Ford, Toyota, and Dodge and have only a handful of mechanics that work on all brands. They are strictly relying on Dodge for answers to the problem. As far as codes, its been throwing PO300, PO335 and PO122. Any techs have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks for any help, I'm running out of patience. [&o]

Old 03-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any Dodge techs on board?

A number of guys here on the forum have been having the same problems. So far, most of them, I believe, ended up having the throttle body replaced. If you go back a few pages and search, you should come up with numerous topics concerning this. You might also want to check out the TSB's and recalls topic above.

Quick Reply: Any Dodge techs on board?