3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:49 PM
11b30b4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Rack

Hello all, I am new here... I have had an 04 1500 off road for about 2 years. My truck is the extended cab 4 door and I am looking to mount a roof rack over the cab. I want to put hella lights on it and some off road tools. I have not seen any dodge rams with any type of roof rack like some of the Jap trucks. Does anyone know of anyone who manufactures a rugged roof rack that will mount on the dodge? All I have found so far is the surco type stuff but no mounting for the dodge. BTW if anyone is looking for some good mud tires, I recommend the 375 mud dawgs. They are almost 35" tall and they kick ***.
Anyways thanks in advance for any help,

Old 03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Roof Rack

Not sure if he's still doing it, but google "DeMello Offroad". He was just starting his own shop fulltime after doing it on the side for a number of years back when I had my Tacoma a few years ago. I know he would make just about anything you wanted.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
dieselram
Captain

I've found some really good racks on Ebay, but I can't find the right mounting hardware/ mounting points. Are the only options drilling the roof or attaching a rack the the rain gutters?

Old 03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
11b30b4

ORIGINAL: dieselram

I've found some really good racks on Ebay, but I can't find the right mounting hardware/ mounting points. Are the only options drilling the roof or attaching a rack the the rain gutters?

Yes I think you are correct. I have seen them for the 1500 van but not the truck. I expect that I will have to drill the roof. I dont mind doing it but I would like some sort of structural diagram to show me the srong points to drill into. If anyone knows where I can download a blueprint of the frame in the cab roof, that would be great. BTW, Chet, I will look him up, but what I was really wondering is if anyone know of a mass produced rack for the 1500. something like the surco or wilderness rack, that has already been designed with the ram in mind, spacifficaly, the mounting system. Anyway, thanks for the replies..

Old 03-22-2006, 12:35 PM
legend71

Thule and Yakima both make racks that will mount to the Ram. They have the modular system that you buy the bases and the bars according to your application. They even have baskets, lights and other stuff or you could mount another basket to their bars. Heres a link:

http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/fg_c...ption_number=2

Once you know what you are looking for check out Ebay for more reasonable prices.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack