3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Squeek in my shock

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:37 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeek in my shock

I have noticed that I have a squeek in my front drivers side shock. I do not go off road or anything, so I am unsure as to how it happened. My question is whether or not shocks are covered by the initial 3 year/36,000 mile warranty (I think they are but I am not sure). I was told that I need to make an appointment with the suspension guys and I do not want to waste time at the dealer and them to tell me I have to pay to fix it. Any help would be awesome.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:46 PM
GotHemi?
Professional
Default RE: Squeek in my shock

I had a front end squeek that would occur when i went over speed bumps at low speed. It sounded like a creak as I decended the bump, no noise at high speed or when hitting potholes. After the dealer replaced both lower control arms with no luck they discovered a small burr on the sway bar that needed to be ground down, after that no squeek. Good luck and yes your warranty should cover, new trucks should not squeek!!

Old 04-11-2006, 03:23 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran
Default RE: Squeek in my shock

Cool, thanks for the info. I agree totally (new trucks should not squeek).

Quick Reply: Squeek in my shock