3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new owner, new poster with some new questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 01:15 AM
long island rammer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner, new poster with some new questions

whats up folks. I have an 05 quadcab shortbed 1500 with the hemi. I had a few upgrade questions. I was looking to ad flowmaster cat back dual exaust, I just ordered the air raid CAI with the pipe and I was considering a tuner. With the CAI, I also bought a throttle body spacer but I really dont know if that was a waste of money or even what it does in laymans terms. Is it(the CAI and TBS) hard to install, are they worth the gains? Should I feel the difference with all of these these upgrades combined? With the superchips tuner, do I have to burn 93 octane with the performance setting? Any input would be appreciated. I also noticed with this truck that when I hit a large hole, or bump or whatever(from the day I took it out of the dealer). I hear a clunk. Is this normal? The dealer said they couldnt find anything and something about a stopper. My last three trucks have been Toyota tacomas which I really loved but I wanted to step up to a larger truck. So far, I love this hemi motor. Smooth as butter. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/33031/EC9C690A85324C49A81FC26064CB4A1A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: new owner, new poster with some new questions

Nice lookin' truck! I had an '02 Tacoma TRD 4x4 two vehicles before the Ram, and it's the one vehicle I still miss to this day. I've got a silver '05 1500 4x4 QC, as well, which I love. I put a Flowmaster 50 series SI/DO on last year. I dont' have any engine mods. I plan on staying out of there for warranty's sake. I'm planning on doing a 3" body lift when I get home from the desert, though, as well as some 17" rims with 33" tires.

Good luck with your truck. Take care of it and it will take care of you. They are great.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:34 AM
hockeynut52
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new owner, new poster with some new questions

Li Rammer. You can't void you make mods. The dealer can't void your warranty unless they can absolutely prove your mod caused what ever issue you are bringing the truck in for. A programmer is the only thing they can screw you on. ALl you need to do is reflash the computer to Stock settings and you would be OK there too. You will definitely get better sound out of the truck with the CAI and exhaust. Maybe a few ponies. But gas Mileage, I would not expect too much of. I think the TSB was probably a waste. It whistles like a turbo and can get annoying in the cab. My .02 .

Good luck with the new truck. And I noticed you like silver too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26962/9F345B91D422488AAFFC20C517DC83D7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: new owner, new poster with some new questions