3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

March sales figures...Hybrid cars are down by 70% Truck/SUV are up by 28%.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006 | 01:34 PM
Mystro
|
Captain
Default March sales figures...Hybrid cars are down by 70% Truck/SUV are up by 28%.

Autoline Detroit had the total new car sales figures in for the month of March. Get this, with gas climbing at a all time high, Hybrid car sales are down 70%. The SUV/Truck sales are up 28%. Some of the explination has me concerned. They said Americans are getting use to the high price of gas and are accepting it???? Not this cat. I am irritated to a point I will vote in the next election on a one issue platform of bringing gas prices down.

Old 04-18-2006 | 04:21 PM
hockeynut52
Professional
Default RE: March sales figures...Hybrid cars are down by 70% Truck/SUV are up by 28%.

I hear you Mistro. Here in Florida the gas prices are through the roof and so is insurance after all the Hurricanes.

What we need to do is create a Price war. Everyone stop going to a particular company Like Exxon/Mobil or BP for a while then when they reduce prices the other companies will follow suit. Then you continue until the prices are back to normal, and I am not talking about $1.50 a gallon as we are now conditioned to think is a good price. The only way to win is to hurt the companies in the wallet.

I will step off my soap box now.

Old 04-18-2006 | 04:39 PM
Phaedrus
Default RE: March sales figures...Hybrid cars are down by 70% Truck/SUV are up by 28%.

I bought my Ram because the dealership was practically giving it away! Incentives made it cheaper than other vehicles I was looking at. Getting used to expensive gas, my foot!

Old 04-18-2006 | 04:40 PM
dieselram
Captain

Oh, don't think that most Americans don't agree with you. I think they simply feel that they like the big truck/SUVs and won't change their driving habits because a few dollars.

Old 04-20-2006 | 02:11 AM
mill500
Veteran

I read the same thing. I've also read that a lot of the softness in the hybrid market is do to some current research coming out that indicates that hybrids may not pay for themself in improved mileage. As such, it's coming down to more of a "green" issue on whether to get one than an economic one. Now, with gas getting back near $3, that may change.

Quick Reply: March sales figures...Hybrid cars are down by 70% Truck/SUV are up by 28%.