3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with All Season 20's please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:06 AM
bevans
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with All Season 20's please.

OK I have asked before but I mostly got some really great AT tires suggestions. I am about to take delivery of a 2006 White 1500 Hemi 4x4 Quad Cab. And I want some good tires.

I have heard nothing good about the goodyear wrangler HP. What is everyones best replacement. I am looking at either the Michelin LTX, Cooper HT Plus, Avon Tech ST or the Bridgestone Alenza. (most of which at a local Big O store)

I am leaning towards the LTX but some of the sites have said they have had problems keeping the balenced. I figure that since they would last longer they would be worth the extra money.

How are they on flats- My Moms farm is on a rock road and it seams I always got a flat when I had Goodyear RTS on an old exploder I had. I currently have a Dodge Grand Caravan that I love (soon to be my wifes- selling her 95 olds Cutlass Supreme) . The tires are the Goodyear Regatta 2. Other than being a little noisy, they have been a great long lasting tire and never have had a flat.

95% of my driving is on the city streets and hiway. I want a good ALL SEASON tire. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. By the way- is there any more literature on the RAM. I have worn out my brochure while waiting for my Ram. I am going crazy. I want my Ram NOW. (Its only been four weeks of wait).

Old 04-21-2006, 02:15 AM
gonzoe
Default RE: Help with All Season 20's please.

try tirerack.com i bought the pirelli scorpion atr's love them best bang for the buck

Old 04-21-2006, 07:00 PM
dan0617
Rookie
Default RE: Help with All Season 20's please.

The goodyear hp's are junk in snow and offroad. I got 65,000 miles out of mine tho, and could have went another 10,000. I just bought a set of Cooper Discoverer ATR's 275-55-R20. They are GREAT. Quiet, good offroad, handle great. Not sure of life yet because I just got them about 1,500 miles ago. I paid $210 per tire, mounted, balanced and out the door. Raymond's tire in Pleasant Gap, PA.

Quick Reply: Help with All Season 20's please.