3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My first 2 kills... in my 287ci!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:46 AM
schawks73
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first 2 kills... in my 287ci!!!

Kill #1
I came out of school Wednesday night about 8:00pm or so and i pulled up to a mid-90's ford explorer at the light with me, so I take off gently to see if he goes and he FLOORS IT! So of course i take off after him and in no time at all his headlights are dimming in the rearview... my first kill...*pop*

Kill #2
THEN today when i was heading out of Sonny's BBQ (my favorite resturant) down the street from my house and i get caught at a red light because i have to end up making a U-turn and i see my mom pull up behind me in her 91 astro van. So im sitting at the light and i see my 15 yr old bro sitting in the passenger seat looking bored out of his mind from her talking... so i stick her in neutral and rev it to about 4K... THEN out of NOWHERE i hear a weedwacker reving... im like WTF[:'(] So i rev it again and i here it again, and i look behind me and JUST over the tailgate i see a faint silver roof and i started cracking up... so i made the U-turn and we hit the next light, i pulled over to the far right lane and he stayed in the center, i noticed it was a little HONDA 2dr car that was about as high as my freaken nerf bars LOL. SO... i looked over...he looked at me...and again when it turned green i hesitated to see if he was gonna run...and he didnt...pissed me off. So we get to the next light and he moves over in the far left lane and a crotchrocket pulls inbetween us reving his lil 50hp engine. I smile and I look over and I see the ricer givin me a SMERK... ITS ON!!! The light turns green and we take off, we are neck and neck till about 30ish, then i take about a 1/2 truck length on him about 50ish (speed limit) and we keep going, once i hit about 80-85 he was a good 1 - 1&1/2 truck lengths behind me (and yes he was still accelerating)...MY GOD WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!

And to top the night off, I went down to the Ocean Center (in Sunny Daytona Beach, Florida) and saw non-other than Mr. Git-R-Dun... LARRY THE CABLE GUY Live Stand Up!!!!!!!!!!!

Nutshell: Kill, Sleep, Sonnys, Kill, Git-R-Dun... Does Life Get Better?????

Thanks for reading, i know its long... sorry,
-David

P.S. 287's In Da house!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:01 AM
cbrewer954
Professional
Default RE: My first 2 kills... in my 287ci!!!

crotchrocket pulls inbetween us reving his lil 50hp engine
Sounds great on the kills, but do you know anything about sportbikes?? Todays 600cc bikes are pushing close to 120 hp. 1000cc's can be up to 160 hp. Don't knock the size of a bike. I have an '02 954RR running around 130 hp. Smokes just about every daily cager out there.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:47 AM
lowcountry
Rookie

Are you sure it wasn't a mope head?

Old 04-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: cbrewer954

crotchrocket pulls inbetween us reving his lil 50hp engine
Sounds great on the kills, but do you know anything about sportbikes?? Todays 600cc bikes are pushing close to 120 hp. 1000cc's can be up to 160 hp. Don't knock the size of a bike. I have an '02 954RR running around 130 hp. Smokes just about every daily cager out there.
Yeah, no ****. Are you trying to tell us you actually ran with (and beat) a motorcycle? *cough*bull*****cough* Even a little Kawasaki Ninja EX250 w/29 bhp will SMOKE you off the line up to speed. Power to weight ratio, bud. Or were you just throwing that little "50hp" thing in there to make yourself look REALLY stupid?

It's a cute story and all, but you sound like the kind of people Paramedics have to waste their time away from REAL emergencies on because you wrapped yourself around a tree, or God forbid another car.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:55 PM
oppie311
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much any motorcycle is going to be able to smoke any truck. My 1450cc Harley Dyna Low Rider runs high 13's low 14's...and it weighs over 600lbs dry!!! Now look at the Suzuki GSX-R 1000. A 2005 has 178 HP @ 12,000 RPM and it only weighs 366 pounds. An 2003 GSX-R 1000 runs a 9.76 quarter mile at 148.4 mph. Even a less powerful crotch rocket is still going to be running sub-12's.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
romic00
Rookie

He probably raced the little honda car not the bike. Take it easy on the guy.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: romic00

He probably raced the little honda car not the bike. Take it easy on the guy.
+1......that's how i interpreted the story

Old 04-21-2006, 06:28 PM
TheRedMonkey
Professional

Yeah, I think he was talking about the car so chillz out. Unless he unleashed Ram fury on a poor Vespa! I was on the freeway yesterday and this Ford comes flying up and he's grinning as he passes me so I floor it and spank him and pull up next to this lifted chevy and the guy is laughing and points behind him at the ford and flips him off. I cracked up and then gunned it again. I could hear the Ford trying but the HEMI was too much. Man I love my truck.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:01 AM
RAMAGAIN
Rookie

I hope he's referring to the Honda civic...

My current bike (05 R1) is capable of doing 100 mph...

...in first gear.
My truck will take about 14-15 seconds to do the same thing, ...if I'm lucky. By then my bike is in the 180 mph+ range.

Generally I hear the term "ricer" as a reference for a car, "crotch rocket" is a slang for a sport bike.
I believe he may have been referring to the car.

Sounds like a good day to me.[sm=burnout.gif]
Just watch out for the cops along A1A...

Old 04-23-2006, 04:55 AM
schawks73
Professional

sorry im getting back so late, i was gone yesterday, but i guess i need to clearify for all you:

1. I raced the HONDA, not the motorcycle
2. I know very little about motorcycles so 50hp was an exaggerated estimate to set the mood of me reving my "big" engine w/ flowmaster compared to the HONDA's and BIKE's "little" engine
3. I know there is no way in hell i can beat anything with 2 wheels faster than a moped
4. I believe i clearly showed that "IT WAS ON" with the HONDA
I smile and I look over and I see the ricer givin me a SMERK... ITS ON!!!
5. Why dont you reread what sounds totaly FOOLISH in the first place (a big *** truck beating a motorcycle that weighs, i would assume, in the 500-750lb range... im not THAT stupid!!!)

For yall who understood what i said, thanks
For yall who jumped to conclusions...well...ill leave it at that

-David

Quick Reply: My first 2 kills... in my 287ci!!!