3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bull Bar Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
grayhemi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bull Bar Suggestions

I'm looking for some suggestions as to which bull bar to get. Westin seems to be the most popular, but also the most expensive.
Do they all mount where the tow hooks are? I'd rather not get rid of the tow hooks if I can help it. Also, are these things heavy enough to cause any problems on the front of my 1500? Thanks.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 AM
grayhemi
Professional
Default RE: Bull Bar Suggestions

Anyone?

Old 04-29-2006, 06:44 PM
byrdman64

westin bull bar cost me $360. which was easy to mount 20 mins with a little help from a friend.
just pull the tow hooks and the bar uses the same holes. be sure to stand back and look from front of the truck that the bar is square because the mounting plate has slotted holes that tend to allow movement as you attempt to tighten the bolts.
Putco has a cool bull bar too but its another $100. and i didnt care for the stamped hole look in the skid pan due to the fact that i want to install a custom billet grill like the ones on the '06's, {Holes and straight lines dont look to good together}
hope this helps keep a eye out next few weeks when i post my $2000.00 in chrome mods. waiting on one part on back order. Keep Rammin!

Old 04-29-2006, 10:37 PM
grayhemi
Professional

Thanks for the reply. Since I'd have to remove my tow hooks to install this, are these things strong enough to handle having a tow rope hooked to them? Can they take the place of my tow hooks? thanks

Old 04-30-2006, 01:30 AM
byrdman64

best i can tell they are for looks! the bolts are only 7/16" and the bull bar installation plate only has two holes per side so thats 4 bolts total.
so hook on if you must but i bet it pulls the bull right off the Ram!

looks only dude!

Quick Reply: Bull Bar Suggestions