DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Killed by a GMC Sierra (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/57357-killed-by-a-gmc-sierra.html)

nos4fuel 05-01-2006 01:16 AM

RE: Killed by a GMC Sierra

When it comes to working for a living, the Titan is a poser. It wont do what a lot of people want and they cant get the right combination of powertrain equipment. Stick with Dodge and you wont go wrong.

schawks73 05-01-2006 02:02 AM

Thanks for the replies guys, i know for sure i could have taken her with the hemi, like it was mentioned, i had another 500+lbs in the truck not to mention she only had the ext cab, which is like 1/2 the size of the back portion of the cab in the quad cab, but i still think she had a bigger engine in it, but its all good, i still have by far a better lookin truck.:D

-David

andrewra86 05-01-2006 07:04 PM

Keep in mind they Sierras arent too far off from being bad trucks in competition. With some work done to their trucks, can prove to be a powerful truck.

I actually raced a C3 and I have 5.7L hemi and it worked me on the top end of things. just pulled on me and kept pulling. It really all varies on things. But I think honestly i've heard mix things about the HEMI even. HEMI's are strong trucks none the less but they a bunch of muscle but the weight really presents the problem.

I raced an SS and got worked. C3 and got pulled on not as much compared to the Chevy SS truck, but still was interesting.

dan0617 05-02-2006 12:43 AM

Hemi with a Flashpaq. These engines make good power up well over 6000 RPM's, but from the factory they are programmed to shift WAY before that. Let 'em rev over 6 grand, then they don't bog nearly as much when they shift. You will be beating 6.0 and 8.1 Chevy's.

nos4fuel 05-02-2006 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: dan0617

Hemi with a Flashpaq. These engines make good power up well over 6000 RPM's, but from the factory they are programmed to shift WAY before that. Let 'em rev over 6 grand, then they don't bog nearly as much when they shift. You will be beating 6.0 and 8.1 Chevy's.
Can you rev the truck over 6 grand without blowing it up? I would have thought that it would blast the crap out of that powerplant.

schawks73 05-02-2006 02:07 AM

i hit 6K on the rpm reader about once a week, but i dont have a programmer so its probably only hitting the 5200 or so limitator, if there is no limitator, then im gonna have to chill, ESPICALLY in my lil 4.7L;)

-David

nos4fuel 05-02-2006 02:13 AM

See, I dont want to explain to my insurance agent how I blew the guts out of my truck. I'll have to work something out because I want to beat those Titans in my neighborhood.

jnellydodge 05-02-2006 02:15 AM

Give em a year or so and there wont be anymore titans on the roads to race, they'll all be in junk yards because of their "outstanding" mechanical reliability ha ha ha;)

nos4fuel 05-02-2006 02:20 AM

I can see that. My friend has an 06 Titan and after two weeks the damn CD player broke. HAHAHA, stupid Japanese.

chefred112 05-06-2006 05:05 AM

...i was comin up I5 an no one, I mean none could keep up with me...I would let them fly by and then reel em in and cruise by em...since i got gears (4.56's) it seems the truck pulls even harder past 105 mph and all the way past 120 too (even tho speedo stops ther...