3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Killed by a GMC Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
schawks73
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed by a GMC Sierra

I was at the Chevy dealer with my famlily because my dad was getting my mom a 2007 Chevy Tahoe for her birthday, and we were all heading out of there in my truck, my dad in the front and my mom and brother in the back. We got to a red light and a 2000ish GMC Sierra pulled up and it was an ext cab like me, and SHE started reving her engine but didnt look over. So i reved it and the light turned green and we took off. at about 60mph she was about a truck to a truck and a helf ahead of me[:'(]. Then my dad starting making fun of me that she killed me. we got to the next red light and she was already by it and my dad started waving to her in the distance.[:@] Then my mom said "why dont you yell at him for driving like that" and he said its his truck, his insurance, his problem.[:-] which shoked me b/c normally he would yell at me... oh well, its not like i do this all the time, and its usually just a straitaway from a red light up to the speed limit.

But anyways i was prety embarrased, BUT i only have a 4.7L so most trucks have a more powerful engine then that so oh well.

-David

Engines: v6= 4.3/262--200 @ 4600--260 @ 2800 v8=4.8/292--270 @ 5200--285 @ 4000 v8=5.3/327--285 @ 5200--325 @ 4000-- v8= 6.0/364-- 300 @ 4400--360 @ 4000 (Size, liters/cu. in--Horsepower @ rpm--Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm)

Here are the three engines it could of had, and if it was a v8 of any kind, it would had killed me so not surprised now (engines based on 2002 models GMC sierra ext cab) BTW why does the 4.8L with only 15more ci's than the 4.7L push out more than 35 more horses?????[:@]

Old 04-30-2006, 10:19 PM
26 P
Default RE: Killed by a GMC Sierra

maybe you should get the 5.7 hemi. That might have something to do with it. It alwasy sucks to lose anything and have someone in your ear talking smack. "Better luck next time"!!!!

Old 04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Just tell your folks it was the added dead weight that you had to drag around...

Old 04-30-2006, 10:57 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: osteodoc08

Just tell your folks it was the added dead weight that you had to drag around...
Haha, I could make a joke now but it would be overshadowed by this. This thread is complete.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
b3nzyme

that's what makes me mad a lot of times how dodge doesn't make truck with the HEMI real noticeable. (it only has a small emblem on both sides of the front end)

because people race v6s and 4.7s all the time and beat them and then go bragging around that they beat a HEMI and they didn't. that gives them and everyone else the impression that dodges suck and they don't. my paw paw has a 2000ish GMC sierra v8 with 250 horsepower and it sucks so that had to have been the next size up that you raced.

i just wish dodge would make all engines available with soo much horsepower that no matter what engine size you get, that if you have a dodge you could beat almost anything. that will prevent people from beating a v6 and brag that they beat a HEMI. that ticks me off

anyway i have a big loud and proud "4.7L MAGNUM" sticker on the back of my QC (with mods) so now when i see some cocky loud-mouth son-of-a-gun (especially 5.6l TITANS) i will smoke them and rub it in their face that they got beat by a 4.7 when they look at my back windshield. And not only that, by a QUAD CAB! rofl! DODGE OWNZ THE ROAD AND NOBODY ELSE!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:05 PM
b3nzyme

sorry went into kind of a rant there...

Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd prefer to debadge my hemi, lure them in, and be like "Welcome to my parlor", said the spider to the fly.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran

Probably would have won with the Hemi.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:21 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: silvernightmare

Probably would have won with the Hemi.
You would have won, my 03 QC Hemi is stock and I've beaten plenty of Sierras but the 5.6L Titans are still proving to be problems. Everything worked fine and I had a lot of space on them until 4th gear since I only have the 4spd not 5. Once I hit 4th gear it bogged like all hell. I bet the 5spd would give me better acceleration and also improve my gas mileage. I'm going nuts cuz the two Titans in my neighborhood are smoking me. There are two Titans, a QC and EC, the EC is quicker in all gears but the QC is slower until I hit 4th. GRRRRRRRRR 4th gear.

Sorry, kinda lost it. What i said before remains true, Hemi = win for sure.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:30 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nos4fuel

You would have won, my 03 QC Hemi is stock and I've beaten plenty of Sierras but the 5.6L Titans are still proving to be problems. Everything worked fine and I had a lot of space on them until 4th gear since I only have the 4spd not 5. Once I hit 4th gear it bogged like all hell. I bet the 5spd would give me better acceleration and also improve my gas mileage. I'm going nuts cuz the two Titans in my neighborhood are smoking me. There are two Titans, a QC and EC, the EC is quicker in all gears but the QC is slower until I hit 4th. GRRRRRRRRR 4th gear.

Sorry, kinda lost it. What i said before remains true, Hemi = win for sure.
Hemi's are backed by the 5-45RFE tranny and nothing else, unless you count the manuals. So you do indeed have the 5 spd tranny. Other than that, I don't know what to say about the Titan's. Nissan did thier homework when it came to hp. Other than that, the Titans are nothing to brag about.....with thier cobbled together styling, differential and brake problems (not that we don't[:@]), small beds, no diesels, no HD models, etc....

Quick Reply: Killed by a GMC Sierra