3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

advantages of big horn edition?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 AM
b3nzyme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advantages of big horn edition?

It's hard to google this to get information cus you rarely see these but i see them at dealerships and a friend of a friend of a friend of mine has one (i never stopped to look at it good or in it) and it is a 4.7 QC big horn edition....

well... umm.. what is the advantage to having one? does it have a BIG HORN that will send out supersonic blasts that deafen people when you honk the horn? lol im just kidding except for the fact that i dont know that is good about having one.. the badge on the side? woooooo... pfft!

you cant tell me its fast because the friend of the friend beat it in his ford focus 2.0l.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:40 AM
squat
Rookie
Default RE: advantages of big horn edition?

I just ordered one, so I'll be able to tell you for sure in about a month. Here is what is supposed to come with the big horn on the 1/2 ton: all chrome grill (instead of chrome around the outside and black inserts/billets/horizontal line thingys), body side molding same color as the paint, rear sliding window, sirius satellite radio free for a year, 3.92 axle ratio (I think), and 20" wheels instead of the 17" standard wheels. There might be one or two other things but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. It's all basically style points here, but the package costs 1700 and there's a 1200 rebate on it (at least there was for me) so total cost for all that is 500. As far as speed goes, it'll be as fast as any other dodge out there, you can get a hemi big horn, you can get a 3/4 ton cummins big horn...

Old 05-11-2006, 03:04 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Here's a listing of the 05 model year packages. It should give you some idea. http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2005/dodge/ram_1500/options/

Old 05-13-2006, 01:39 AM
coonass

I BOUGHT A 06' ATLANTIC BLUE 1500 BIG HORN.IT'S PRETTY NICE. FACTORY 20'S NICE BUTT I'M LOOKING FOR CUSTOM.WOOD GRAIN DASH AND BOUT A 4" BY 3" WOOD GRAIN PEICE ON THE DOOR PANAL!(THEY WENT ALL OUT ON THAT ONE!)THEY COULD HAVE INSTALLED MORE BUTT OH WELL IT'S PRETTY PIMPING.SAT. RADIO(NOTHING GOOD PLAYS) OH AND I ALLMOST FORGOT THE BIG HORN EDITION EMBLEM ON THE SIDES! WATCH THE F*CK OUT!! LOL.LETS SEE WHAT ELSE IT GOT TRIP ODOMETER ON THE TOP OF CAB.IT WAS WORTH IT.PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SPENT MORE THAN THE 2'400 THEY CHARGED ME.

2006 ATLANTIC BLUE 1500 QC BIG HORN ED.
OEM DODGE EM.BUG SHEILD
WINDOW VISORS
COUPLE OF RAM DECALS ON SIDE WINDOWS
60" LINE OF FIRE IN THE BACK!!(HIGHLY RECOMAND THIS CHEAP, EASY TO INSTALL,BIG ATTENTION GETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: advantages of big horn edition?