3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rough night, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
RUNOVRYOU
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough night, Please Help!

Here's the short version of my scenario: last night, I'm taking my truck through this field, I come up on a sharp downhill, looks clear but there's some high brush/weeds. so I start to go over it and half way down I feel like I'm about to get hung up on something, feels like a tree laying on the ground (mind that there are no big trees anywhere around, so I'm not so worried). well I give it just a little more gas, enough that I don't get stuck half way down this hill out in a field. anyway, I went up and over and then down real hard. and apparently got wedged in between something, I got pinched from both sides and 3 out of my 4 doors are shot now. both driver's side are smashed real good and beyond repair. with what little bit of experience in body work that I have, I think the front passenger side can be fixed. I have made a few phone calls and junk yards only sell whole doors (the package deal) and I don't need the glass/handles all that extra stuff... so they said look aftermarket. places I've talked to so far say aftermarket doors don't exist for an 05. i looked on ebay and can't find anything.. not a single door, closest I found was a door panel.

please help!! I don't know what to do, I'd rather find the doors somewhere get 'em on myself and pay somebody to shoot the paint for me, but is my only choise to go to a dealer?

Old 05-11-2006, 04:03 PM
oppie311
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rough night, Please Help!

Sorry to hear that. Talk to a body shop and see if they know where to find some.
Can you post some pics?

Old 05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
RUNOVRYOU
Rookie

I think I may have to go get a couple estimates done tomorrow.. I decided to just leave it at home today, she's been through enough.. that and it's depressing to look at. I'll put up some pictures in the next day or two. Show yall what not to do.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
RUNOVRYOU
Rookie

It's been a couple weeks sinse this happened, but I finally took some pictures. Funny little add on to the story... I got sick shortly after this happened, and so I wasn't going to the gym or anything.. just work. Plus I was pissed about the truck, so I wasn't driving it, just took my car everywhere. So I started feeling better about 10 days later, truck hasn't been driven at all... so I decided that night I was get the truck out just to drive it down the street to the gym. Well while I was working out, somebody backed into it in the parking lot and dented up the rear bumper. I don't remember if I told you, I was in an accident last October and had to have the whole front end replaced (hood, bumper, grill, fenders) the only thing left I think is the bed! It's my curse.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31579/2CF0A7844436437FA00EF1B59F680F9F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/31579/A9B83B639B324912875D2A7814E9A424.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-06-2006, 02:29 AM
HoustonHEMI
Professional

It's called insurance! Take it in and pay the deductable, you'll come out ahead with a lot less headaches. Your insurance company should give you a rental while your truck is in the shop.

See how easy that was?

HH

Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Max00racer
Veteran

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...05&catalogid=2
heres a link to the door shells you can buy them at wholesale price if you want to do it that way.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Phatboy
Professional

www.usautoparts.com Not sure of the price for the skins but they have been reasonable in the past on stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Rough night, Please Help!