3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mods to the Mega Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:48 PM
i11m10c2
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mods to the Mega Cab

BILLINGS CLOTH?? what is that??

and it would be cool to have our own for the mega cab but i dont think there enough of us!

Old 05-17-2006, 05:11 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

The mileage will get better as the mileage goes up. Also, that is one fine looking Ram MC you've got there. How bout some pics of the LED light at night? I doubt you'll get a sub forum, cause then we'd have a RC forum, QC forum, and now a MC forum, but who knows, maybe they'll add one.

Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
sumncguy
Veteran

Ill have to get some pics to night with the instamatic polaroid ...

Its that tightly woven stuff almost like canvas. I figured it would be great for he spill monkeys but was I wrong .. cant clean it without leaving a water mark. Brand new truck with pretty Shi%%y looking interior.

It really stinks man ... I was drinking a bottled water, put it between me legs while driving and the sweat from the bottle left a watermark ... Yuk ... I'll probably recover them ... wifes not gonna be happy .... tough though .. I dont drink any more, dont smoke (anything) any more, I dont try to bump nasties with her very often cause she says Im too much for her -- hell gotta have some fun ... right man ??? dont you guys agree ? [8D]

Old 05-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

3 words bro, BIG *** TrUCK, as in long and nice lookin

Old 05-17-2006, 09:49 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran

Nice, but isn't the roof lights more for diesels? I still like the looks though, now it needs a cummins.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Nelliebly

ORIGINAL: i11m10c2

yup wondering if lese was bad idea but no helping that now,well im goin on a road trip 2500 miles from fort hood tx to fort lewis wa in june for a move so i will let you know how the gas milage is with a 6,000 lbs trailer i have also noticed better gas milage with miles on it (2400 ) right now, hey did your truck come with the epa milage estimate in window when you bought it?? mine did but was blank(should have figured that!!)

later

Mine sticker was blank too-for the 2500's they are since the EPA doesn't rate anything above 3/4 ton. It did have my name on it though since I'd ordered it, that made it sweet! We have a trailer that comes in loaded at 7000lbs and will be taking it out soon to get over that 500 mile slow tow speed. We are going from NY to Disney/Myrtle Beach this summer with it, so it'll be interesting to see how much better/worse we do mileage wise, although I think I'll do better than with my old Suburban. I'll be putting on miles here this coming year-one of my kids is starting the college search.

Nell

Old 05-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Nelliebly

ORIGINAL: Mystro

Absolutely beautiful rig!!!. I am a red fan as well. I may do the fender flairs as well on my new 2500. In the pic with the Mega behind the Dakota,,,,The 2500 looks like a monster and looks like its gonna drive over the Dakota.

The Dakota looks like a Matchbox when parked next to the hubby's truck. '
I'll have to get out the Vette and see if that looks like a bug next to it.

Nell

Old 05-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Nelliebly

ORIGINAL: BigRigTruckin66

Nice, but isn't the roof lights more for diesels? I still like the looks though, now it needs a cummins.

I took the option because, well just because. Thought about the Cummins, but honestly I only do one or two towing trips a year right now. And with two kids going off to college within 2-4 years.... enough said. And diesel is so high priced here right now-lowest I've seen it is $3.29 a gallon. Ouch.

Nell

Old 05-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Nelliebly

ORIGINAL: TheRedMonkey

5'3 in that rig, hope you have the power drivers seat to get you over that steering wheel.

I have the adjustable brake pedals! What a great idea! I have to move the seat all the way up in our Vette to reach the clutch, so this is great with adjusting it to my height! But I figure I used to drive a school bus(72 passenger), that this is cake size wise. One of the guys the hubby worked with said something about me driving it too-till the hubby told them I have a CDL and this is still smaller than anything I drove for work.

Thanks for all the nice comments-I'll try and take a pic of the LED bar tonight to post.

Nell

Old 05-18-2006, 12:15 PM
i11m10c2
Veteran

hey mine was blank but mine is 1500 mega, and has EPA heavy duty exeption sticker under the hood, i thought 3/4 ton and above were the only ones with that ,so i guess this just confirms the point that the truck is 2500 with 1500 badges on it and a made up gvwr and tow rating but hey im not complainin.

Quick Reply: Mods to the Mega Cab