3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water sloshing noise under dash?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:07 PM
r_dawg1921
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water sloshing noise under dash?

Alright, 1st post don't be too rough on me. I've got some knowledge of cars and what goes but there's something up with my '02 1500. Initially I thought maybe it was the freon or something having to do with the AC. When accelerating from a light I hear a slight sloshing sound coming from under my dash...it's apparent that it's a liquid of some kind. I've popped the hood and looked around for anything suspicious..no luck. One other thing I noticed which may or may not be related is that the heat only seems to really work when I'm actually moving. If I'm sitting at a stop light I'm not getting max heat until I'm accelerating down the road. Any help is greatly appreciated, I've tried to find some micro to get some idea of what's under the dash but have had no luck.

Trying to avoid calling the stealership but that'll be my next move. Thanks again.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Water sloshing noise under dash?

Check your radiiator fluid level... I will bet your low on fluid. This has caused your heater eliment to be LOW on fluid...hence the "Sloshing" ...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
r_dawg1921

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

Check your radiiator fluid level... I will bet your low on fluid. This has caused your heater eliment to be LOW on fluid...hence the "Sloshing" ...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Good thinking. Thanks man I'll check that out tonight...I'll send an update.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:09 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Beat me to it. I second the low coolant level. Now you have to figure out why. Ceck all of your hose connections and clamps.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
r_dawg1921

ORIGINAL: osteodoc08

Beat me to it. I second the low coolant level. Now you have to figure out why. Ceck all of your hose connections and clamps.
Well, you guys nailed it. My heater worked like a champ this morning and no sloshing. I think the coolant was low due to the truck sitting for an extended amount of time. I recently bought it and it had been sitting for a good year at a Saturn dealership of all places. I've checked all fluid levels I guess for some reason I assumed radiator was good cause I wasn't having cooling issues. Bad assumption I know... Thanks again for the quick responses if I could buy you a beer I would.

Quick Reply: Water sloshing noise under dash?