3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

weight ratings

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:27 PM
squat
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight ratings

So I ordered a 1/2 ton big horn from a dealer after my last truck done got totalled (see my last thread). What I'm wondering is this: is there a place I can go to find out how much my truck can tow (and maybe haul in the bed too) based on it's set up. I know my last one was 8500 LBS, 3.92 axle with the hemi and 545 RFE tranny. But that info was right on the site as you built the truck, it's not there anymore. Aside from that, you can't choose (at least I can't find where you do) big horn on the 1/2 ton trucks on the dodge site. I'm assuming that with the 20" wheels and the same 3.92 axle ratio it's going to tow less, but how much less?

Old 05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: weight ratings

it should tell you on the jamb of the drivers door. this is the legal way, the illegal way is to load it up till it either takes you 1/4 mile to stop from 55, or she just dont go no mo

Old 05-25-2006, 05:33 PM
squat
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Drew

it should tell you on the jamb of the drivers door. this is the legal way
Really?? All I've ever found on the door jam is the GVWR and the front/back axle rating. I'll have to check out my buddies '03 door jam. The reason I want to know for sure is because I don't want to *ever* (even though I know our trucks can do a lot more than that limit) tow over what my truck is rated for. If I got into an accident when over my tow limit the law would own me.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:31 PM
sumncguy
Veteran

Yes.

www.dodge.com/towing
and
www.trailerlife.com

Quick Reply: weight ratings