3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Yes Another Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 AM
collisiondaddy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes Another Exhaust Question

Yea well i have a Hemi and i'm still lost on what to do for the exhaust

I want to do true duals with 2.5" pipes from the collectors into an x pipe and 2.25" pipes coming out of the x pipe into 2 40 series flow masters then dumped immidiately

But i want to get performance out of it and dont lose anything for sure so i'm lost in what i should do so any input would be appreciated

thx

Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
dvcap2004
Professional
Default RE: Yes Another Exhaust Question

well dont forget that your adding another pipe. which means that ur exhaust is going to flow more freely (in other words you wont have as much back pressure). thats a gain right there. if you really want to i would suggest getting electric cut-outs so that you can just dump your exhuast immediatly after the x-pipe. that would also help. thats my opinion on this. you already have a gain due to easier flowing exhuasts.

by the way good choice on the true duals with x-pipe. thats what i want on my truck. but its only got 4.7L

Old 06-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just to expand a bit more on what has already been said.

when you lower back pressure you loose bottom end torque, but you do gain a good bit of top end power. I found this out real quick with my little yoda. full performance exhaust and now it lost all its ***** below 2500rpm, however anything above that and the thing runs like a scalded cat but I have a stage 1 cam that might help on that

Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 PM
collisiondaddy
Rookie

yea i think i've decided on what air ram told me to do

is just leave the exhaust and put a hi flow y pipe and a new muffler and eventually put on long tube headers

but i am still dumping the exhaust

Quick Reply: Yes Another Exhaust Question