3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

STS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:10 AM
ALXinya
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS turbo

Hi, I'm Alex, new to this forum. I just spent like an hour doing research on the STS turbo and I am basically sold on it. If any body has one installed on their Hemi I would love to hear about it. I have an 04 QC hemi sport. The only mods are AIRAID intake, Magnaflow exhaust and a hypertach power programmer. It's a big purchase so I would love to get as much info a possible before I go ahead and get it. THANK YOU!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Nicky B
Captain
Default RE: STS turbo

I have also have looked into the ststurbo the only real bad part about it is tuning your car is a bitch.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:59 PM
ALXinya

I don't get it, why would tuning it be hard?? there is not a lot of boost so as long as you have eonough fuel/ fuel pressure and a strong enough spark, there should not be a problem. I figure taking the hypertech program out and leaving it stock would be the only thing necessary. I had a 95' mustang. I installed a supercharger that put out 11 pounds of boost and all I had to do was put in another fuel pump, bigger injectors and an MSD ignition with boost retard. That along with the headers and exhaust that I already had and oh yeah, I had the mass airflow sensor calibrated to the injectors. months later I had brought the car to Steeda in Florida because I was in the area and they dyno'd it at 382 HP. they told me that I had done everything right for what I had. They couldn't tune it to get anymore power.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Nicky B
Captain

ORIGINAL: ALXinya

I don't get it, why would tuning it be hard?? there is not a lot of boost so as long as you have eonough fuel/ fuel pressure and a strong enough spark, there should not be a problem. I figure taking the hypertech program out and leaving it stock would be the only thing necessary. I had a 95' mustang. I installed a supercharger that put out 11 pounds of boost and all I had to do was put in another fuel pump, bigger injectors and an MSD ignition with boost retard. That along with the headers and exhaust that I already had and oh yeah, I had the mass airflow sensor calibrated to the injectors. months later I had brought the car to Steeda in Florida because I was in the area and they dyno'd it at 382 HP. they told me that I had done everything right for what I had. They couldn't tune it to get anymore power.
Well its the engine no one has really found a clean way to tune the newer hemi's. There are 2 ststurbo guys on here wait till they chime they will tell you its not easy to tune.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:40 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

srt10kllr is the member to contact. he has an sts system that makes his truck QUICK!!! He knows exactly what he's doing so talk to him. Maybe send him a PM rather than waiting for him to show up. Good luck dude, keep us posted.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:51 AM
SRT10KLLR
Rookie

There is now a tuning solution for the Hemi so shoot me an email at jxv254@yahoo.com

I also have a kit for sale if anyone is interested. I got 413rwhp at 7 lbs of boost on a second gear pull.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:10 AM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SRT10KLLR sells the tuning kits for the Hemi and he has some used sts kits for sale much cheaper than new.

I have the sts setup and made 429rwhp at 7.5lbs of boost. I now run 8.5-9lbs.

Tuning an older stang and tuning one of these chrysler pcm trucks is 2 different animals.

I am an sts dealer, so if you are looking for new, contact me. But I'd jump on one of srt10kllr's kits while he still has em.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:19 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

Tuning is easy if you understand exactly what you're doing. We have some base tunes that you can pick from that will help get the ball rolling. A scanner that monitors fuel trims will get you tuned a whole lot quicker.

I have a 6000# 4x4 QC with 92# aftermarket wheels. This is a video with only 6psi of boost using the base T60-1 turbo punching it from a dead stop at idle. I upgraded to the GT67 turbo about a month ago. But this video matched with the mods in my signature is the base turbo setup. Again, 6000# truck at only 6psi. Notice it shifts into 2nd, back to 1st, and back to 2nd gear and still hits 60 pretty easily/quick.

http://media.putfile.com/wg-vent-to-atmosphere

Old 06-25-2006, 12:38 PM
ramit69

they only have turbos for hemi's not 4.7's right ?

Old 06-25-2006, 08:18 PM
SRT10KLLR
Rookie

If you are willing to try you can physically bolt on the Hemi kit to a 4.7. Tuning would be by the same smt-6 but with different injectors and tune.

Quick Reply: STS turbo