3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem with Trailer wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Rob B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Trailer wiring

I have an 03 Quad cab 4.7 with the trailer tow package etc. There is no signal to the 7-way connector and the flat four behind the bumper to the right side turn/brake light. I have chased it to a white wire with a red/pink stripe in the harness under the truck but from there, I don't know where to look. Somewhere there is a break in that wire in the harness itself or possibly a fusible link or relay along the way??
Unfortunately I was in a position I needed at least a turn signal so I tapped into the right side turn signal wire in the harness going to the tailight itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob

Old 06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
stump_breaker
Captain
Default RE: Problem with Trailer wiring

Rob, I hope you can find the break and it's simple but I've learned in the past sometimes the best way to fix trailer wiring is just to wire in a new plug instead of fighting the looms, twists and turns. I just installed a 7-pin and brake booster on mine. Took about 2-3 hours.
I'm assuming you have done the simple stuff by checking fuses in the box under the hood?

Old 06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Rob B
Default RE: Problem with Trailer wiring

Alll simple stuff has been checked. The truck has the factory wire plugs/tow pkg. Just curious if there is a junction or an area up front that I could unplug and maybe send a signal down the harness to find out if it somewhere other than the harness.
Thanks,
for the reply.

Quick Reply: Problem with Trailer wiring