3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gibson Sport Truck exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:40 PM
HazArD22083
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gibson Sport Truck exhaust

Thinkin about the Gibson Sport Truck exhaust twin side exit for my 06 Hemi. Need some input on whether that would be the best for throaty sound and performance from a side exit exhaust. i dont want a rear exit exhaust. or would a flowmaster side exit be better?

Old 07-02-2006, 04:34 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: Gibson Sport Truck exhaust

I have the Gibson Exhaust that exits in front of the rear wheels.

Sounds great, took 20 minutes to install.

I got the stainless system. My last truck got completely dunked in the ocean. Totalled. Took the exhaust off the old truck, put it on my replacement and no rust on it almost a year later. So it really is a decent grade of stainless. Stainless will rust, certain grades are more corrosion resistant than others. Low grade stainless would have rusted out by now.

You will not get any performance gain out of simply bolting up a exhaust system. It's all lies.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

r u jokin mr.hemibuell?, you get performance gains by doing a system fully as in intake and exhaust you will feel a little more butt horses and prly atleast bare minimum 10 horse max on a dyno

Old 07-02-2006, 04:53 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

I used to work in an exhaust shop with a Dyno next door. We pulled all types of vehicles with all types of bolt on and custom exhaust systems. Maybe a couple of horses at the top end. That is a real world experience.

Do you have any actual dyno numbers to support your claim?

Old 07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
HazArD22083

alright man thanks i decided to get the gibson it looks sweet too. now just gonna get the volant intake and jet chip and tuner and will be all set for now

Old 07-03-2006, 12:49 AM
sabs hemi

i took both resonators off and put a magnaflow muffler on with an air raid kit and i couldn`t be happier. if anyone is interested in a system i wouldn`t spend the money on a cat back i would just put a couple 3in pieces in place of the resonators it`s alot cheaper

Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HemiBuell

I used to work in an exhaust shop with a Dyno next door. We pulled all types of vehicles with all types of bolt on and custom exhaust systems. Maybe a couple of horses at the top end. That is a real world experience.

Do you have any actual dyno numbers to support your claim?
hey, i dont wanna fight with you but yes it is the top end where your horses usually appear, you lose a lil low end though, its nice to have some power up there where your shifting and whatnot i didnt mean an all around hp increase

Old 07-03-2006, 02:03 PM
HazArD22083

i want some extra low end power and torque. how often will an auto shift in the high rpm range to even incorporate that extra highend Hp. which setup would benefit me the best for lowend power?

Old 07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

when u need that power it is there, usually exhaust is for sound whether its tone,loudness,pitch,snappyness,raspy w/e its all on the type of muffler u buy and what motor u have everymotor sounds a little bit different

Quick Reply: Gibson Sport Truck exhaust